Innovation Square is where the University of Florida and the private sector collaborate, bringing technology, people, and leading researchers together to help achieve exponential success on a higher level. Ingrained in the culture of UF, from student to administration, is the passion and drive to innovate and bring ideas to market that will positively impact the world around us.
Imagine welcomed access and the opportunities to tap into the minds and resources of nationally recognized research institution through its students, faculty, researchers.
What you’ll discover about UF–
- Globally recognized in research and it’s researchers
- Diversity of research generates over 300 new discoveries a year
- The #1 public university for transferring technology to the marketplace (Milken Institute)
- More than 100 companies have been launched from UF research
- $619 million in research awards (2009‐2010)
- 4,000 faculty and 50,000 students one of the largest & highly ranked public Universities in the U.S. and a member of the AAU
- Home to 170 Research Centers & Institutes, including IFAS, Mc Knight Brain, Emerging Pathogens, Genetics, Supply Chain Logistics, Transportation, Digital Media, Water and Sustainable Energy Institutes
- Developed successful Sid Martin Biotech incubator, the new Florida Innovation Hub and creates $8B economic impact in Florida
- A leader in sustainable Universities