What you'll find when you consider launching a business, relocating a company or moving a family is -
Gainesville is home to the University of Florida, a premier research institution that has the #1 ranking for a public university for transferring research discoveries to the marketplace by the Milken Institute.
- Gainesville is also a young, growing, smart city with the culture and diversity of a college environment with all the amenities of the new urban lifestyle. On the rise internationally, Gainesville attracts the best and the brightest for its combination of livability and career opportunity.
Gainesville has been named:
- Top 25 of the Smartest Cities in America—forbes.com
- Top 50 Best Places to Live and Launch—Fortune Small Business Magazine
- Top 10 Places for Businesses and Careers the last four years —forbes.com
- Top 10 Greenest Cities in America—DailyBeast.com
- Gainesville is great place to live a fun, active lifestyle and put down roots.
- Four schools in the Alachua County system are on The Washington Post's 2011 High School Challenge Index, which lists the best high schools in the nation.
- The Alachua County School system is recognized as one of Florida's outstanding with achievements, such as consistently earning an A grade and SAT scores which are above the national average.
- Gainesville also has premier healthcare with UF Shands ranked in Top-50 America's Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report, and North Florida Regional Medical Center earning a 5 Star Community Hospital rating by Health Grades.
- Gainesville's great weather is perfect for outdoor activities ranking it among the top 10 bicycling communities by Bicycling Magazine and earning a spot in Sperling's Top 10 Best Places for Outdoor Activities.
Gainesville is home to rich culture, beautiful natural surroundings and unique attractions:
- the historic Hippodrome Theater, Curtis M. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, Samuel P. Harn Museum of Art, Florida Museum of Natural History
- Devil's Millhopper, Paynes Prairie & San Felasco Hammock State preserves
- Blue & Ginnie Springs nature parks along the Santa Fe River, Lake Wauberg recreation area
- Santa Fe College's Teaching Zoo and Kika Silva Pla Planetarium
- McGuire Center for Lepidoptera & Biodiversity and Butterfly Rainforest
- Stephen C. O'Connell Center, Ben Hill Griffin Stadium
- the NHRA Gatornationals, Santa Fe College's Spring Arts Festival and Gainesville's Downtown Festival & Art Show