From Breakthrough Idea to Positive Impact
The Florida Innovation Hub is a 48,000-square-foot facility, located just two blocks from UF's campus that serves as the cornerstone of Innovation Square by providing an incubator for start-up companies based on technologies emerging from university laboratories. The Hub's main objective is to enable companies accepted into the program to devote their limited resources to technology and market development, rather than operational infrastructure.
A super incubator for technology businesses, Innovation Hub includes:
- resident service providers (law, accounting, and product design) committed to providing pro‐bono advice to start‐up tenants and affiliated members
- access to venture capital firms
- equipped modern laboratories
- access to shared office technology, amenities, and facilities
- short‐term all‐inclusive leases that minimize financial commitment to tenants
- scheduled programs and events to enhance collision and collaboration between tenants
Along with offering the resources of:
- The UF Office of Technology Licensing
Where science becomes business
This UF group is recognized as one of the nation's leading academic technology transfer offices for its success in helping high‐tech and biotech companies commercialize university research. Established industry can also tap this invaluable resource through affiliation and partner programs to expand product lines and improve processes to gain a competitive edge in the market place.
- UF Tech Connect®
Working capital for your life's work
Funded by UF and the Economic Development Administration, it serves as a catalyst for new business creation by fostering relationships with the private sector and connecting entrepreneurs with investors.
- Florida Institute for Commercialization of Public Research
Seed capital for acceleration
This fund serves as an accelerator for new business creation by providing key financial support to advance new ideas and technology emerging from universities.